Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice plz :( am - usmletaker2593
I need serious advice on this guys.
I am an IMG and I have no greencard.
I have an attempt on step 1 and 206 on second attempt.I am very devastated as I've been getting an average of 230 on nbme s.The same happened with me on my first attempt.
Now I need advice on how to move forward on this journey?

Should I move forward and try to get a very high score on step 2,have a lot of clinical experience,research etc.. and also finish step 3 and then apply for the match?

I've heard about people getting into courses like masters and MPH to get into residency?Is it a good option?Need advice on this.

Or with a heavy heart,should I just give up this journey?

Please help guys.Thanks in advance.
i have had a few friends that just barely made it past step 1 and did well on step 2 and still made residency. don't give up, if you want it bad enough then you will get there.
i am nervous about going on to clinicals. any advice you have for me?
sorry my first reply got deleted... the admin is saying this is not a real account...

before it got del, i said i have friends that have gone on to get residency from not doing super well on step 1. i would cont. if you want something bad enough then you will get it.
i heard that as an IMG you should take step 3 before residency. just don't give up... keep going forward
@ finally-done-step1
Thank you so much for your advice.
this keeps getting del. but i am glad it helped
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »