Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 1 after 12 years - fjb786
Hi All,

since my USMLE scores have surpassed the 7-10 year limit, i am having to take step 1 again. Any recs for someone who is out of school for 10 years and needs to brush and do well on the Step 1. I have the latest FA and doing Pathoma ( which was not around back when I first took Step 1), anything else besides questions and UW? Any courses or resources to brush over basic concepts again?

Thank you!
I. Super-Simplified
A.USMLE Teaching
1. All Steps
a. 18th year
(1). Online/cloud/live chats
(a) 38 Day program
(i) “If you do not pass, you do not pay…”
[a] Toll Free-Phone (855) 592-9855 ext twelve fifty
{1} (Escrow account or financing available for tuition of thirteen thousand seven hundred and fifty dollars per step)
bump
First Aid 2018
Pathoma (most of it is found in First aid)
UW

Get a subscription of USMLERx (Qmax + Express Videos + Flash facts)

Use USMLERx Express Videos to go through First Aid. There are many ways you can use the site. I have been using the option "Brows First Aid". It gives you list of all subjects and organ systems, say like if you are doing Endocrinology, you choose that system and the corresponding topic. It will give you options (by clicking green + sign button) for Express Video on that topic, Flash Cards on that topic and Qs from Qmax on that topic.

I do the Express video, then do the Qs on that topic and also Flash cards for those topics that needs memorization by repetition. Once the system is done, i do the Qs on that topic from UW. As you go over the UW, you can also make flash cards on their site.

"Steady Stream" daily flash cards is also good stuff on USMLERx. Also you can use Flash Cards for any topic you need repetition. They have around 13000 flash cards from First Aid.

It has been working for me.

Thank you for the input and tips Metformin500mg

How about DIT or BNB?
I have not used them so i cannot comment on those.

First aid, Pathoma and UW cover everything you need for the exam. I'm towards the final stages of my preparation and i was finding it difficult to revise all this overwhelming information given in FA. I have a good grip on concepts, but its just the memorizing part that i was loosing points on some easy nbme Qs, and FA Express videos and Flash Cards are really helping me to go over FA.

some also use Skatchy micro.

NBMEs is another very good source of Qbank. Those which are given online, you must take all of them online as you go through your preparation and then go over each and every single Q offline afterward.

metformin5000mg :

Is there any free online link for the flash cards you mentioned for 1st aid and
" steady stream " ? Also, is there any link for express video?

Or how much is the online subscription and source?

Thanks
medicine2012
it cost 149 $ for 3 months subscription but i got it for 109 $ as they had 25% off promo few weeks back.
USMLERx also provide 7 day free trial to access all the stuff they have. You can try that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »