Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMC experience - parame
Program Name: Boston Medical Center

Where did u stay, nearest hotel, travel etc: they pay the hotel for 1 night “ a shuttle is gonna bring you to the BMC

Level of "stress" (0-10): 5/10

How many interviewers: 4

How many applicants: 8

Tour included visits to: OR, birth rooms, PACU, ICU

Questions asked: why did you choose us? why did you choose anesthesiology? What do you want to do after residency? Actually, most of the time, was a discussion about procedures, rotations and residents evaluation.

happy residents: yes / no / ? : yes, very nice and friendly residents

prematch offers? :no

visa sponsored? : I don™t know, I am a gc holder

City: boston

What I liked the most: Nice atmosphere, they have IMG in the program and they seem to get along well, good rotations in another hospitals for regional blocks and pediatric anesthesia, wide pathology ( they are level one trauma center).

What could be improved: They didn™t talk to much about research even if they are university hospital; I think they struggle with too less positions for a such a big hospital ( are 21 residents Ca1- CA3; some of the residents are in other hospitals for the rotations.)

Rate experience (0-10): 9/10

Conclusion: Good program, good fellowships after residency or, if you don™t want, good position in one of the 10 hospitals affiliated with BMC. They seem to try to respect the 80 hours rule.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »