Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to apply if taking Step 3 - john004
I am applying for the match this year and am taking my Step 3 in early October to get my score either October 31 or November 6. Is it better to apply now and risk programs reviewing my application without my Step 3 score, which presumably will be good, or apply closer to when I receive my Step 3 score when there is a better likely my application will be reviewed with my Step 3 score on my file?
Your application should be in by Sept 15th. Period. You can add other stuff in later, but an early incomplete application with late additions is better than a late complete one.
you don't need step 3 to summit application. waiting for your step 3 results is only putting you at a disadvantage. you can easily update your application when u get your step 3 results.
agree with both the comments!
Step-3 score is not required while applying to the programs, most of the programs require Step-1 and Step-2 scores while applying to the match. Once you complete the Step-3 exam you can update them regarding the score. It is always important for the application to be submitted early.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »