Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IV Prep Course - jaideva
After having interviewed many IMGs during my final year of IM residency, practicing in a university hospital and training IMGs, I have seen some very specific things that make an IMG strong applicant for ranking high based on their interview performance.

Some things to keep in mind while you guys are practicing iv prep with your iv partners are:
1. Prepare answers that have more information than just your cv/ps. PDs have already read that.
2. Do not refer back to your low scores/other red flags unless specifically asked by your interviewer. Keep the conversation towards your strengths.
3. Focus on body language (hand gestures, vocal tonality, communication speed etc) when practicing, not just how to answer interview questions.
4. Prepare for case presentation as it is becoming more common during interviews now
5. Practice social conversation with other Americans and people outside your nationality before interviews if you are shy and introverted like I was.

I have tried to compile all the information that I have learnt over years with some tips and tricks in form of videos and power point slides.

https://www.usmleforum.com/

Email me if you have questions about interview preparation.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »