Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - bolwall
Congrats on matching bolwall! Thanks for sharing your story. What do you think helped you the most in matching? Did you do step 3 before interviews? Did you have connections? Also, you said you applied to 90 programs? Isn't that a small number of programs? Thanks in advance.
Hi. I did step 1, 2ck and 2cs only. I got one of my interviews for a connection and I performed very well in my interview day. I applied for family medicine and internal medicine. I applied for around 80 positions in IM but nobody sent me an invitation. I applied for those number of programs because of my credentials. Things that help a lot other than your steps are a great personal statement, letter of recommendations and connection. Even with those requirements the most important thing is your interview performance. Depending of the type of program that you are applying is the type of candidate they are looking for. So, apply smart and make a personal connection in your interview day are essentials. I hope this help.
Thanks for your response bolwall! Congrats again on matching!
hey plz dont listen to any negative things out there , just go ahead to achieve ur dream residency , make ur CV strong by externships/ observer-ships/ LORs and making contacts . Matching dosent depend solely on scores alone , else we wouldn't have so many incredible stories out there.
@luckylady, Yes completing Step 3 exam will be helpful for the application, also having connections can be helpful for the application.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »