Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career prospects in UAE and NZ - sublimation
-with ecfmg certification and step3 done.
-could we get residency training OR it will be direct Job as doctor.
-Is there any age limit.
-Any additional related information.?? any useful website to look at.??

docs......Kindly share /guide. Thank you Everyone.
If you’ve been graduated within years of medical school, you can apply to Qatar
They have ACGME training programs with decent salary. https://www.hamad.qa/EN/Education-and-re...fault.aspx
GL
@tuui11....My graduation is old.

Thank you so much for sharing the info. Regards.
try this and contact the poster I am sure he has a lot to say to you about new zealand

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=857055
@mish2015...I have asked the poster what you kindly suggested.

Thank you v much.

-Here is a link also i just googled. looks like a lengthy process.

https://www.mcnz.org.nz/get-registered/
up........for help
Hey @sublimation:

Let me start by saying that NZ is probably the most amazing place to work if you can make it through the system. It involves long waiting periods (months to years) before you get considered and you'll be competing against IMGs who are NZ citizens, who also wait for months to years to get in!

Having said that, it could be a good backup option if you're trying to get into USA but want to broaden your options - at least that's what i did and somehow got through.

The usual process is USMLE Steps 1 and 2CS (scores and number of attempts dont matter!!)
IELTS/OET English exams
NZ registration exam (NZREX) - similar to Step 2 CS but easier in my opinion.
Keep applying to individual hospitals for an RMO job.
(usually a very long wait before you get an offer)
secure an RMO job and work for at least 2 years. You get paid well when you work as an RMO.
apply for a residency program - they are competitive, but you can definitely get into specialties that you wouldn't even dream of getting into in the US.

Work hours as RMOs are pretty good with the usual being well under 60 hrs per week.
plenty of opportunities to work/earn extras.
30 days annual leave and 30 days sick leave.
get reimbursed to go to courses/workshops/conferences in Aus/NZ.

Your questions:
-with ecfmg certification and step3 done -> answered above
-could we get residency training OR it will be direct Job as doctor -> RMO job first, followed by residency training.
-Is there any age limit -> no
-Any additional related information.?? -> as above
any useful website to look at.?? nxrexinfo.blogspot.com or join the USMLE Forum NZREX page, I am the admin Wink read through the mcnz.org.nz website.

To add to this:
If you wonder why it is so hard - NZ is a small country with very limited hospitals. When NZ med students graduate each year, they take up pretty much all the available spots. There are usually no positions leftover. So IMGs have to sit around waiting for someone to leave/move up the ranks/get pregnant/leave the country/etc.

I waited 2 years to get a job in NZ after all exams.

Hope this helps you make a choice and for others looking for similar info.
If you have further questions, join the USMLE Forum NZREX group as i don't log in here very frequently.
@drgshah. Is it true NZREX is held only in NZ.?? I am already in USA for years. I am resident Alien here have done step-3.... old graduate..... My usmle scores are in lower range.

-IELTS have centers in many countries,??

-In case one does not get a residency, then can someone work as RMO as long as he/she wants it.

Thank you so much for detailed guidance. Regards
Yes, NZREX is only held in NZ.

Yes, IELTS centres are worldwide.

There is an almost zero percent chance that you won't get into any specialty if you make it as far as getting an RMO job. You can technically work as an RMO for a very long time without any issues.

@drgshah.........Thank you for your kindness.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »