Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME scores around 60% (can I pass?)
NBME 28 58.5%
NBME 29 63.5%
NBME 30 58.5%

Many Qs are wtf to me, so half of the time I'm unsure about my answers. Still, my scores have been pretty stable as you can see.
I don't know if I can increase my scores by any inch now, although I'm reviewing all my mistakes...
I'm really worried that the real deal will also present like these NBMEs, but then I hear lots of people pass with such scores.
Is 55-60% enough for passing the real deal? I just need to pass whatsoever, please comment.
(07-26-2024, 07:10 AM)vincamour Wrote: NBME 28 58.5%
NBME 29 63.5%
NBME 30 58.5%

Many Qs are wtf to me, so half of the time I'm unsure about my answers. Still, my scores have been pretty stable as you can see.
I don't know if I can increase my scores by any inch now, although I'm reviewing all my mistakes...
I'm really worried that the real deal will also present like these NBMEs, but then I hear lots of people pass with such scores.
Is 55-60% enough for passing the real deal? I just need to pass whatsoever, please comment.

while no one has answered yet, as I'm reviewing my mistakes I understood there's a knowledge gap to fill in.
I may be able to score higher in few weeks if I relearn some concepts from FA
NBME 29 63.5%
NBME 30 58.5%

What specific strategies do you recommend for reviewing my mistakes effectively?
(07-29-2024, 04:35 AM)eningswa Wrote:
NBME 29 63.5%
NBME 30 58.5%

What specific strategies do you recommend for reviewing my mistakes effectively?

Aside from NBME, I'm reviewing all UW mistakes using FA and Mehlman PDFs.
NBME 29 63.5%
NBME 30 58.5%

It sounds like you're putting in a lot of effort, and it's great that your scores have been stable. Generally, a 55-60% on NBMEs can be borderline, but many people do pass the real deal with similar scores. To give you an extra edge, consider checking out Next Steps for personalized guidance. They help with USMLE preparation from scratch to match, offering support tailored to your needs. Keep reviewing your mistakes and stay positive—you've got this!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »