Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ERAS vs. NRMP -
Dj

Is it essential to apply to residencies simultaneously by ERAS as well as NRMP. The NRMP at least recommends it, not that i noticed anyone doing so.
Please guide me on this.
Also tips on what to do after clearing the steps and waiting for the CSA permit.
Thanx.
Harloween - --@mm.com

The 2 bodies perform different roles. ERAS processes your residency applications on behalf of your desired programs. NRMP processes the match between you and programs you have interviewed at. You apply to residencies through ERAS and match with them through NRMP.
Harloween - --@mm.com

You need to apply to programs through ERAS and also register with NRMP to participate in the match.
Dj

Thank you.
what you wrote was helpful
Dj

One more point.
Do i have to to apply to each and every program by the Match as well as the ERAS?!!
And
Ideally how many programs should i apply to for Internal Med.
Harloween - --@mss.com

I do not think you got my initial explanation. First you decide which programs you want to apply to. Then you apply to these programs by sending all your application documents (CV, personal statement etc) to ERAS who will submit these documents to the programs on your behalf. At the same time you pay a fee to NRMP to enable you participate in the match LATER IN THE YEAR. Once you have completed your round of interviews at various programs, you now submit a ranking order list to NRMP ranking the programs you interviewed at in order of preference. The programs submit a similar ranking list of prefered candidates to NRMP. On a particular universal date decided by NRMP you are infromed whether or not you have successfully matched with a program. NRMP IS NOT FOR APPLYING TO PROGRAMS It is only for matching you with programs.
Dj

Got it this time !
Thanx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »