Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q-9 from real exam - smiling
A group of old people and children went to the chinees resturant for lunch.After one hour many of them developed abdominal pain,vomitting and diarrhea,which group of people affected more.
1-65 year old who came from asia and lived in Canada for the last 10 yeard
2-65 year old who lived in Canada throughout whole life
3-Children who came from asia and lived in Canada for the last 10 year
4-Children who lived in Canada and also born in Canada
4...??
4...??
why???i think underdeveloped countries have more chances?? anyone plz correct anwer

Infants and the elderly are at greater risk for food poisoning. A person is also at greater risk if any of the following is true:

Pre-existing medical condition, such as chronic kidney failure or diabetes
Antibiotic or histamine-blocking medicines
Sickle-cell anemia and other problems with red blood cells
Weakened immune system
Travel in an area where contamination is more likely
Food shortage

Anybody knows?
I would have thought the elderly would be more affected than the children hence the answer would be 2?
whatnis the correct answer
It should be 1. This kind of people didn't take vaccine against Staphylococcus aureus. How do you think?
it should be choice 1
i think it would be kids who always lived in canada...choice 4.

Reason I think is the previous exposure to the pathogen would incur some immunologic memory....and hence less symptomology than those whose immune systems have never encountered.....I think its probably B.cereus and most of people lived in china have had this...out of the kids or the elderly in Canada....probably the older folk have come across it sometime in their lives...whereas young kids...this will be first exposure....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »