Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depressed.....Chances - qwerty
I have 82/76/CS passed/1 month observership/need visa currently on b1/2006 grad/want to get into any speciality for residency

I am DEpressed.Can I match.I want to give step3 try for H1 but somebody told me that I had very low scores.What should I do.
Your previous scores have nothing to do with your step 3. No doubt they are on the lower side but you are a fresh grad and that should go in your favor.
The important thing is that you give your step 3 and have your result before your applications go off on ERAS. It would do you a lot of good if you can get a score above 85 in step 3 and for that, approach and preparation are of the essence.
Getting depressed is natural qwerty but get over it soon and get focused. You are the one whose going to make yourself get into a residency, no one else will do it for you.
All the best
Thank you Datch.

For Step3 in need ECFMG certification.I recieved my Medical School Degree yesterday.Now Ive heard that its gonna take a long time to get it certified from ECFMG.What to do.
Dear Qwerty, u have no choice but to this the paper work to get ur medical school credentials verified, do it asap and meanwhile prepare for the step 3 and take it as soon as u get ur ecfmg certi. All the best.
qwerty,

scores wont guarantee you a match. previous mathc results have shown it time and time again. while scores are good for first impression, its the whole package the director looks for (interview, LOR, Personal statement..).

i have sccores in the 70's w/ multiple attempts, old grad yet got into a residency. there are others who scored in the 90's first attempts yet left to scramble.
hi qwerty.........

can u tell me where did u matched and whts ur score?
thnks in advance
Where to apply?I dont know where to start searching for residencies? What to do?
Hey Wake up dude !
Enough of the the depression. Start sending emails to programs in Internal medicine, Family medicine etc to know what there requirements are for application.
That will help you figure out where to apply and you can definitely get a good spot
all da best
you can also go to FREIDA (type FREIDA on google for a link to AMA). get a list of hospitals according to your preference then start calling. verify their minimum requirments. that way youll save money.

once you get your list ready them for the match.apply on the first day it opens.
hi mature graduate , which hospital you get matched?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »