Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to calmer - bidd
An invistigator is studying a newlly discoverd tumor.The isolated tumor cells produce an abberently large protein .genetic analysis showed that tumor cells have four loci encoding for this abnormal protein .Which of the following is the best explantion for mutation that caused production of such large protein
A splicer donor site mutation
B splicer acceptor site mutation that leads to failure of an intron splicing
C mutation in stop codon with loss of termination signal
D mutation causing overexpression of specifc transc. factors
E mutation in small nuclear RNA
F none of the above
what do u think calmer?
its C....mutation in stop codon with loss of termination signal
hey bidd...man i am not the expert u think i am....seriously...i am not big on biochem !!!!! and havent seen biochem for while!!!!!

it sounds like Hb.... looks like the protein post translational modification has been lost...

?????
the correct answer is E ,it is mutation in small nuclear RNA gene that is need for making SNRP which is needed for splicing so mutation in this gene will lead to inability to splice introns with production of inabberent large proteins and only this mutation is trans-acting that could affect products of all four loci at the same time
About A,B,C are all incorrect because the splice or donor site mutation or stop codon mutation ,all these are cis- acting mutations,so mutation in one of the four loci will lead to dysfunction of this particlar locus but not the others
for chice D it right that overexpression of TF will lead to overproduction of the protein but it will be of normal size and no cause to think it will be an abberantly lage
what is the answer bidd!!!!!!!!!!!!11
the correct answer is E
check ur email bidd...i have replied to ur email
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »