Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cal letter can i apply ,step 2 ck result awiated - tulip
HI ...PLS NEED UR HELP...
1)I HAV PASSED STEP 1 AND CS...JUST GAVE CK....CAN I APPLY FOR CAL LETTER...
2)WILL MY MEDICAL COLL GET A NOTIFICATION FROM CAL MED BOARD FOR THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS OR MY COLLEGE CAN SEND IT TO THE BOARD....WAT R THEY SUPPOSED TO WRITE ON THE ENVELOPE....AS WE R NOT HAVIN ANY APLLICATION NUMBER....
wht is cal letter?
Tulip

You can apply to your Cal letter whenever you want, but to get it only when you have all your step 1, 2 and CS results ( they need to be send to the Medi Board by the ECFMG -you have to ask for that to the Commission).
The Med Board will send you the papers that your school need to fill and send back to them, this is what takes a long time for the Med Board to review the papers that your school send back, so it is better if you start all this application process before you get your Usmle results, so when you have your results everything else is ready and they can give you your PTAL. An average time for the processsis 4 to 5 months, but once you have the documents from you Med School in the Med Board and they approved them then you can get your Cal Letter 2 weeks after sending them your scores.

Good Luck!!!!
thanx patty...
i have downloaded the forms...and given my med school to fill them..i will send the board my application in 10 days...wen should my med school send the required documents...and whom should they address it to...
patty my school has to send them directly to the board or i can send them aswell..if i collect it from my schhol and send with my application
The documents can be send by you or your Med School, both are Ok. They need to be addressed to the Med Board, and they will give them to the person that is in charge of your case ( they clasify the applicants by first letter of the last name.
I applied before taken Step 2 and had the docum from my Med Scholl aproved, so when I got my last score I send them to the Med and it took 2 weeks to get my Cal Letter
The key is to start the process early.

What program are you applying??
Wish you the best!!!
Patty
thnx ..is it supposed to be in a sealed by my coll...is it ok if we keep in touch via emails...tulip_usmle
tulip_usmle
hi patty..still not looked into which programs to apply to...wat bout u...
the cal letter application material says that med school shoul send it directly to cal med board ....was this written even wen u applied or is it a new rule....thnxs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »