Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help!! -
garg

could some one please give me some advise.actually had cleared both steps by october 2003,as i dont know much about the match i took advise from some people who told me not to apply for match 2004 but to wait for 2005.
now reading in this forum i realise people are trying for match 2004 even those who havent cleared their steps yet!
my q is can i apply for postmatch now,i do not have any application ready yet not even eras token
a response will be much appreciated!
thanks
lisa

Read about the scramble and what you need to have ready:

http://www.usmleforum.com/MandR/displayr...sp?id=1080

The dates are different: March16 to March 18 is the scramble. Most of the programs fill their unfilled positions in these 2 days. Few of them prefer to fill them in the next 2-4 weeks after the match. (postmach=2 days scramble+4 weeks after).
To find out the list of unfilled positions, you need to be registered to NRMP ($90) OR to know someone registered to send you the list on March 16. Everything happens very fast. You could fax your application to the programs or sent it through ERAS (it depends on the program's wish).
If you register for ERAS, make sure to apply to 1 program a week after, and follow with ADTS just to test if they downloaded all your files.
garg

many thanks for such a comprehensive reply
good luck to u in ur efforts
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »