Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
emory rejects me - kingofkings
I deleted Emory from my selected program immediately. Thanks for saving me 25 bucks
hey oncall
how can u delete it without further research ask prog coordin directly how many fmgs r in the prog
Below is an email I received from Emory
They DO NOT accept non-LMCE grads.
LCME means Liaison Committee on Medical Education (accreditation agency for American medical colleges and schools) ...........................................................................................

Sent : Sunday, April 23, 2006 4:08 PM
To :
Subject : Re: Graduation Date

| | | Psych Pc R... | Inbox

Dr
At Emory we encourage PGY-1 applications from graduates of LCME accredited medical schools. We accept PGY-2 applications from all physicians who have secured an ACGME accredited PGY-1 position.
Miles Crowder

That email was in reply to one I sent when I was researching admission requirements in order to make my own list of programs to apply to.
Yeah fortabt1, I got the same reply from them when I did the research. I didn't apply to that program.
Emory does take foreign grads every year, probably 10% of the class. And no, it's not caribean school grads. They do not take people from those med schools, or at least haven't for the last several yrs. They tend to get candidates from countries where previous successful residents came from, eg Lebanon, Mexico, Georgia, as well as several countries in South America and Europe. I don't know what you call IMG-friendly, but Emory is a top 20 IM program who will recruit several top FMG applicants every yr. Great program, can't do better than that anywhere.
Cheers
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »