Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
asked qs -
david

first they describe a patient with Mi who gets Cardiac arrythmia and recieves lidocaine
lido caine acts on
SA NOde
av node
internodal fibers
purkinjee fibers
Kiddoc

I am not sure if you are asking a question or not. Lidocaine is a class Ib antiarrhythmic drug. It blocks fast Na+ channels in phase 0. I would quess that it would work specifically on ventricular repolarization. SA and AV nodes lack fast Na+ Channels, so I doubt it works on them. Please let me know if you have found anything different. Good Luck in the future!!!
david

You are close if you look at ventricular and purkinjee fiber action potential they are similar so it will act on purkinjee fibers It was asked in my exam
david

and the choice was not ventricular mussle
Kiddoc

I agree..everything I wrote was intended to reflect upon the purkinje fibers...Thanks!
adr

I don't think this qs has trick, bz lidocaine is often used for ventricular arrythmia which is often due to abnormal conduction through purkinjee fibers.
kiddoc

Perhaps this question does not have "trick" as you put it, but it seems rather interesting to have a cerebral conversation with other students. We need to appreciate any and all help, and input from all students, and keep this website "productive". Thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »