Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what should I do? - rumit99
I scored a 79/194 on my step 1.As an IMG do I have a chance of getting a residency place?I am not picky and prepared to do any speciality but i feel that my score is so low that i dont have a chance and wonder if it is worth doing part 2. I graduated from Russia in 2002 and I am currently doing my masters in the U.S. Any thoughts suggestions?
my friend with scores 76/78 got into a good FM program this year. All you need is trying to get better score in your part 2 and get some USCE and make a good CV. Everything depends on you,if you think that you have a chance, then you have it, if you think you don't have a chance, you will move according to this idea and ruin all of your potential chances .
Thank you
If you're doing Masters in US (mabye MPH)...your chances are indeed brightSmile..you need to aim for higher score in Step II as rumit mentions...also pass Step III asap....scores do hold importance but nobody can snatch your chance & fate my friend....there are far too many examples of people who've succeeded in US without barely passing scores in multiple attemptsSmile...don't loose your resovleSmile best of luck!!
Thanks for all your advice.You guys have been very helpfull
centaur dear, are re-applying this year again?
sad to hear that you didnt match this year.Hope something good waiting for you.
GL
hey jaaneman,
actually I got a position in one of the worst programs in NY, my last choice...I'm trying to find a way to get rid of it but it seems that I have no choice but to move there....anyway, this is what it is and I have no choice other than singing: mehbooooba...mehbooooba at now
what about u? where did you match?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »