Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estimating my performance -
N.Deubner - nikeo@web.de

Hi,

please help me with the following questions, they sounds probably stupid, but i cant find any good answers on the net:

1. Is there any remote correlation between how many percent i got right in the kaplan qbank (talking about questions i do the first time here) and the percentage of questions im having right in the exam itself ?

2. Approx. how many percent of the questions do i have to have right in the actual exam to achieve either 75, 80, 85, 90 as the two-digit score ?

I would really appreciate any answers here, because i really need a means to estimate my own performance.
BrazDoc

Dr. Deubner,
The dificulty of every exam varies, and your score will reflect how many questions you got right relative to the difficulty of the questions you got. In other words, your score is weighed according to the q you get. The % of the q you get right may give you different scores depending on the dificulty of the particular set of q you get for your exam. It´s very hard to estimate what your score will be based on your performance on kaplan q´s. I´ve heard people saying everything, from it being a lot harder to a lot easier than the actual exam. I guess it all depends on what kind of q´s you´re more confortable with. What I can tell you, however, is that I know a few people who have taken the exam (step 1) and scored high (90+). They got an average of 65-75% of q right on kaplan. My personal opinion is that the actual exam is quite dif from the kaplan q. They test less plain memorization and more thinking as compared to Kaplan´s q. You may want to use this information to estimate your future performance.
Hope this helps. Best of luck.
N.Deubner

That helps me a lot, thank you. And its not Dr.Deubner yet Smile. cya.
N.Deubner - nikeo@web.de

got my results: 240/97. quite happy now Smile.

If i can help anyone, let me know.
zzzz

N.Deubner, I will ask you your Q, how it was your % in Q bank & how did you find the test comparing to Q in kaplan Q bank??my 2ed Q, when did you graduate from medical school???
thanks & congratulations.
n.deubner

1st: With unused questions my results in the Q-bank were in the high seventies and eighties, and i found the actual exam to be harder than i expected, but not harder than Q-Bank. I had read multiple times that Q-Bank would be harder than the exam, but that was not my impression. Both had their own difficulties, and to me they seemed rather comparable.
2nd: Im in the 2nd clinical year of my medical education, here in germany (altogether its six years, two pre-clinical, 3 clinical years, 1 yr of practical training). So ive not graduated yet, ill graduate spring 2006.
I hope i could help you, cya.
GPIIb/IIIa

what school in germany are you going to ?
mary

hi there! can anyone tell me when can i check if they reported my score in oasis yet.....i mean how long? thanks!
n.deubner

dear glycoprotein, im attending the Philipps-Universität Marburg currently. why youre asking?

and to mary: no, ive no idea, sorry.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »