Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Examinee with special needs - reed
Guys I need your opinion, my friend has Sjogren's syn. and she needs to drink water very frequently in order to talk normally and not to have sore throat, and also needs eye drops for lubrication, she gets red eyes easily, but she doesn't want to apply for dissability, do you think it would be enough if she presents a letter from her doctor to the proctors at the center, so they would allow her to keep her water and drops; it seems that the dissability process takes more than 6 weeks and she can't apply for the test until the dissability is accepted.
Please tell me what should I suggest to her.
It's difficult to advise you on this. She should just go to the nearest Thompson center and enquire from the proctor before applying. This is the fastest and most reliable way to get authentic information on this.
She's in San Francisco and works full day, the nearest center is in LA.
Does anybody know about a similar problem? or has anybody read about this kind of situation?.
This is not a huge dissability but a special need.
I have to tell you that she asked me to expose her case here in order to get another opinion.
Thanks.
She can call them on the phone and enquire or alternatively contact anyone who stays near the center to enquire on her behalf. I don't think it will be a good idea for her to apply without informing them before hand only to be refused usage of the medications. Moreover, may be the loser in terms of time management even if they allow her to use it since no additional time will be allocated to her
Thanks drugchris, she called ecfmg and they suggested to her to apply for dissability.
Do you know where can we find the phone number of the centers?
hey....they told us that if we had a disability we can take for example our inhalers with us....so it will not be a problem i think....this was in houston
I THINK SHE SHOULD CONTACT ECFMG.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »