Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thank you to all who answered me about my marriage -
curious

hey student i'll say u sud go to u're parents,talk to them ,see what they have to say for this.....u r lucky to have parents with u n u can and sud discuss things with them....
what i've gathered it must have been their yes too before u got married so better seek their advice as they r more experienced n have seen life more than u or anyone else in this forum.....

its a serious matter which sud be resolved at top priority.
i'm an indian girl who just came here from india n their in india divorce is still considered a curse[its better now but still].....
even then in situation like u'res i'll say if i were u i'll stay alone n study rather than being in such a hostile atmosphere.....

its very difficult to study too if u live with a tension mounting around u....but if u think u can do some compromise n adjusting n things will change then,give it a try first,try hard to u're maximum n if situation remains same then no point putting u're life at stake......

so try once ,talk to u're perents n see how things work out...
ahdy2000

all those people who say save the marriage, including yourself, are not considering the ultimate consequences. you cannot pass the boards with that kind of stress in your life. secondly, the reason your husband acts the way he does has to do wiht more than just personality, also culture, also the fact that he's "by himself" here and is probably lashing out at you since you're the person he can take it out on.

you need to prioritize. what's more important to you...your happiness or his happiness (which means your abuse). i am the very staunch when it comes to saving marriages, but this goes beyond being unhealthy. if the abuse is as much as you say it is, this is an emergency. you need to leave, and you need to do it now.

Pray and God will help guide your way. He never intends for one of his children to be taken advantage of...leave, change your life, pass your boards. you have family to go to...go to them, then divorce your husband and have INS export out to his country. do it quick and do it now...it's your life on the line.
pavan_iv

usually women born and brought up here have some expectations to see their husband more understanding, more mature, loving, friendly, sharing work kind of stuff.

usually men from conservative countries expect their wife to be submissive(little bit), caring , cook food, see their husband as God rather like a friend kind of stuff.

when these two people want to share their life together with those expectations, there will be lot of situations where both feel dissappointed, unhappy with the marriage, and feel they did a mistake by getting married.

whenever they go thru those situations they develop hatred, grudge, dislike and suspicious. These feelings lead to hard and tough behaviour towards their spouse.

so please try to communicate with your husband and learn of his expectations from you. try to be understanding and match up those expectations. your husband/family should be your first priority and you 2nd priority in your life.

make him feel that he is not alone in this country and you are his life.

now its your turn to get what you need from him. head-on confrontation might not be that helpful in all the situations. find out a way to get what you need from him.

as emmy said marriages survive at your will,resolve,committment and love. so dont take the extreme step.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »