Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched an prelinary position--not very happy - cartick007
I was match to an one year surgery preliminary position at a top hospital. It is my the only one-year program I ranked. This is my fifth choice. Not happy at all.
cong. which hospital was it
hey, chin up, appreciate what you have, and it will all end well.
did you rank prelim and categorical or any advance year program in your list. because I rank prelim and categorical but not advance year program and i just got you match.
This surgery position is the only one "one-year position" I put in my ROL. I did not rank any categorical positions as the program directors told me they would not rank any FMGs even if they have 999999, but one director said he would rank me very high for the preliminary. So I am pretty sure where I was matched when saw the informaiton when I logged in the NRMP: Congratulations, you were matched an one-year position
but did you put any other categorical program means other then surgery.
congratulations.. I think be happy with what you are getting in this competetive world. YOu can still get the best in life. Are you an IMG? if you don't mind sharing what credentials you had that you got into surgey. I am planning ot apply for that next year and want to know where should I work on?
Thanks in advance
Good luck
Yes, I am IMG. My Credentials are 87/82/GC/No USCE/over 10 yrs since graduation/work as a surgeon for long time in home country/5yr US clinical research experience. Hope that helps.
cartick have you done your step 3?
Sometimes I wonder about people who would leave their country to come practice in the US. It's not like you can't go back if you dont want to continue. I think you are being ungrateful for what you got. Be happy or just leave. You knew what you signed up for.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »