Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
number of programs to apply to - ronn
CAN ONE APPLY TO 5 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS AT SAME TIME AND WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE MATCH? ------for example,

Anesthesiology
General Surgery
OBGYN
FAMILY MEDICINE
INTERNAL MEDICINE
Yes , you can apply to as many programmes as you like as long as you are willing to do the following:
pay the cost
write PS for each speciality
designate letter writers for each speciality
prepare for interviews for each speciality and
be prepared to answer those tough 'why' Qs

All the best.
Halleujah!

Thank you residency08.

Halleujah!
If one applies to more than one programs. Is it possible that during the match one can be matched 2 programs from which one can make a final selection.
I do not understand how it really works
shiz...you are confu big time

how can you match to 2 programs when you rank ONLY 1 program as your top choice ?
I don't think the system will match you to more than one programs. I think you will be matched to only one program. If you are matched to a program by the system, you only have two choices, either accept it, or unmatched this year. If the system could match everybody to more than one programs, then it will be a mess. A lot of programs will left with no residents. Then what's the point of a match system.
SO according to this, you should put the one you like most on top of your list if you did not matched then goes to the ones that you like less.
during ranking how do you rank programs from different specialties.
Assuming you went for interviews in all the following----------------------------
Anesthesiology----4programs
General Surgery---- 3 programs
OBGYN----------------------6programs
FAMILY MEDICINE-----------4programs
INTERNAL MEDICINE---------5programs
How do you do the ranking of these programs. do you rank them specialty by specialty or you just rank the programs according to preference
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »