Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Northwestern review course -
Kim - kjv8899

Has anyone taken the Northwestern course, specifically the 3 day and if so, how helpful was it?
awa

I'm taking the 10 day course in MI Dec 11-20. They also give u 3 mos of CBT question bank, lectures, smaller class, books. TALLP test taking technique. I talked to someone that passed after taking it, thats why I'm taking it. I didn't like Kaplan live lectures, too fast & large.
This cost is abt $1000 not including motel, air, car rental or food.
dready

so where would you sleep? how about food?
stock

To Kim and awa can you please tell me, where can I check for this course?
awa

www.northwesternmedicalreview.com

The motel is $36 / nite at motel 8 , you may share room w/ another student, fast food close by, I believe they give u bkst. You may share rental car, flight is on your own.
Contact registrar@northwesternmedicalreview.com
if you have any other ?s
I would still be saving since Kaplan costed me more than $4000
DRRS

I checked the website.
Have you ever taken the kaplan course, or just this northwestern course? i was wondering if you could provide a comparision, besides the financial one.
It seems interesting, but it looks more like they teach short cuts to help you remember things, and it's not really theory based (like chapter/topic wise).
am i correct?
please let me know if i'm wrong about this.
thanks.
neuroguy

Be wary- Northwestern reviews are designed for osteo students taking COMLEX not USMLE. Most fo their faculty are from Michigan, Kaplan faculty are from all over North America. They emphasize mnemonics not how to approach information on the USMLE.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »