Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lor -
A CONFUSED M.D.

hello to everyone
i'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone can help me out with this question.
LOR: what is the best source for the letters of recomendation
can it basically be any U.S. doctor, one from a teaching hospital, private practice , your boss from a job you have in the medical field. What is the best ? i'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out

confused
BU

what do you think will be th best LOR? Maybe the one that best describes you in a setting like the one you are applying to? if possible, maybe from someone who's judgment will be valued? Go figure...
michael

LOR must be from people(doctors) with whom you worked. it is better to have us lor
A CONFUSED M.D.

thanks for the advice if that was of any help?? go figure....
of course i know it should be the one that best describes me but maybe i forgot to fully explain myself. i still don't have any LOR and wanted to know from what source i should try to get them from or better yet that is adequate or accepted? to do get my point?
michael

someone who can give you STRONG LOR no matter if it is privat,etc.
GURKEN

Lord of the Rings AKA LOR should be from someone of power or prestige. Someone like the chief of the department or from a power house university, ivy league etc.

They should outline not just what a good person but illustrate what you have done and how they can guarantee that you will thrive in the residency of your choice.

Use your friends if you can. Especially if they are attendings.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »