Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to shiney - ebnalfady
i'm confused
u said Salmonella typhimurium is the most common cause of enterocolitis (formerly known as gastroenteritis) in the United States

some said campylobacter jejeuni

please explain the difference and the forum members can share to help
thanks
hi ebnalfady,its like salmonella typimuranium ibeing the most common and campy the second cause of food borne enterocolitis.
still confused after search
look cecil state that
Epidemiology

Although the frequency of other Campylobacter infections is either low or unclear, C. jejuni infections are extremely common throughout the world. In many studies, the frequency of Campylobacter enteritis exceeds that of Salmonella or Shigella infections, and it has been estimated that as many as 2 million Campylobacter enteritis cases occur annually in the United States
sorry for the confusion ebnalfady,you are right,i just confirmed from kaplan and online its campy the most common followed by salmonella.thanks for bringing up this topic.i just read explanation,thats how it was mentioned there.
hope now no confusion for anyone of us Smile
take care!
Campylobacter infections are not rare. Several studies indicate that, in the United States, diarrheal disease due to campylobacters is more common than that due to Salmonella and Shigella combined.
thanks shiney
so we are in forum to help each other and to clarify the confusions
gl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »