Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Winthrop univ., NY ??? -
TheBee

thanks for all your input..I KNOW that winthrop is in mineola, long island Smile and I said I was interviewing at other manhattan programs but prefer winthrop's location vis a vis Beth Israel, St Luke's Smile
my only concern with winthrop, despite its relatively benign hours vs other NYC progs is the salary is lower and no moonlighting is allowed within the institute...however, if the accommodation is reasonable enough, that might not be a main issue!
thanks everyone..and yea, I'll probably catch the Long Island Transit there for my interviews! cheers!
PS

I think they have one of the best housing programs in NY, Food is completly free, parking, PDA, 4weeks vacations, night float, fellowships, the salary is not bad (42K). I look forward to be there probably on Jan, 11th.

I have also interviews in metropolitan, B-L, Elmhurst, Sound shore, St barnabas. This one is maybe better than the others.

To Ally: My CS was released on friday (I passed) but they gave me the interview in the morning before knowing that.

Thanks for all the information: Ally, theBee,Umm, LL. Good Luck to all.
PS.
TheBee

hahahahaha..SMALL world, I'm interviewing on the same day too Smile email me at beebee1@operamail.com if you wanna exchange notes beforehand! cheers Smile
umm

do a lot of programs let you do moonlighting...and do residents have time to do any?
Ally

Hey PS,
Thanks for the tip. I called today and got an interview.
GL
TheBee

congrats ally, esp when you live close by! when is ur interview date? mine is on Jan 18 (got mixed up and told PS it was jan 11 instead!!). would love to share opinion about the place post-interview! cheers to all...thanks again for the feedback!
Ally

Mine is Dec 21.
I'll let you know how it goes.
PS

Congrat Ally and Good Luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »