Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many are going to IV without practice? - fhelou
how many of you are going to attend IVs without any practice or reading iserson/previous experiences?
i do not intend to practise
i will be myself
that makes two of us, who else?
And that is the best way to be.

GL
I beg to differ. Practicing for an interview doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have to be yourself. It's always good to have a couple of mock interviews or practice what you want to say. For the simple reason that these interviews are going to decide your path the next few years. You don't want to be stumped by some weird question some PD poses and don't want to bungle an answer, provide one contrary to what you have been saying.

It just helps you get relaxed a little, know what to expect and be prepared. Sometimes programs want to hear some stuff, either about yourself or about their programs. This may not be the truth and it might be "against" your principles, but it doesn't hurt to play along. Because if the interview doesn't go well, it's not the program thats's going to feel the sting, it's you. So you'd better be prepared for whatever they throw at you..

Preparing/practicing for an interview, is good... my 2 cents worth!

Cheers!
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=339468
post it there
no practice? not even the common questions that PDs ask? you won't prepare an answer even though the answer u have is from yourself and not someone else's answer? if you are interviewed and u don't have a decent answer, or maybe u keep stuttering, or fidgeting around, or not look into PDs eyes, wouldn't that reflect to the PD as an applicant who is NOT PREPARED?
That's why...dear phelou,post you question here
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=339468
thanks lucid, you have a point there
but I think under the stress your answers are bound to be instinctive, IMO it takes weeks of practice to slightly change your subconscious
now that poses another question, who is planning on using anderal or alprazolam prior to the interview?
now the drugs I wouldn't advice,, but practice.. Hell yeah.. it makes a diff..
I'm sure you'll crack the interviews anyway...

Cheers!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »