Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
usmleselfassement question plz anwser - mydream270
which of the following will increase TPR ,increase SYSTOLIC BP , dercease pulse pressure and decrease HR:

a phenylphrine

b dobutamine

c isoprenternol

d epinehrine

e clonidine

i disagree iwth the given answer plz explain you answer.

the question was answered only by 36%
a phenylphrine
tell me if it is the right answer then i can explain
if it is not the right answer then i'll waiting ur answer
gl
yes it is the right answer

but the phenylphrine will increase TPR--> increase diastolic BP not systolic as mentioned in the question
phenylphrine increase both systolic and diastolic and has no effect on the heart but reflex bradycardia
put in ur mind that phenylphrine stimulate alpha 1 receptors only not beta or alpha 2
+++specific for alpha 1 receptors ++++vasoconstriction durin systole and diastole+++incrase systolic +diastolic BP+REFLEX BRADYCARDIA
HOPE THAT HELP

mydream270 ,U ARE 99NER
GL
"put in ur mind that phenylphrine stimulate alpha 1 receptors only not beta or alpha 2
" this is what i know , so alpha 1 has present only on blodd vessel so it will effect only the diastolic blood pressure and causing bradycardia.

plz explain again . i'm disappointed that my exam within 3 weeks and still get confused with such questions, by the way this question present in uwsa form2 , idid it last week got 250.
I'M STUDYING FROM LIPPINCOTT PHARMACOLOGY SO THESE CONCEPTS ARE CLEAR IN MY MIND

I'LL COPY THE ANSWER FROM LIPPINCOTT BOOK

HERE

Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor that raises both systolic and diastolic blood pressures. It has no effect on the heart itself but rather induces reflex bradycardia when given parenterally. It is often used topically on the nasal mucous membranes and in ophthalmic solutions for mydriasis. Phenylephrine acts as a nasal decongestant and produces prolonged vasoconstriction. The drug is used to raise blood pressure and to terminate episodes of supraventricular tachycardia (rapid heart action arising both from the atrioventricular junction and atria). Large doses can cause hypertensive headache and cardiac irregularities.
thank you so much .

what your advice regarding the uswa form2 score 99/250 , although it isn't bad ,but i still has unclear concept , i'm thinking to get the form 1 then if the score increase i will confirm 9 march as the exam date what do you think? i;m always thinking of postponig my exam because i don't know how uswa is good predictor?

plz your suggetion
plz any suggestion from any body
mydream270
i'm still studying ,i have no idea about uwsa
gl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »