Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoping for a new ray - drmhussain
hello all,
i am an old graduate(1996), since then i gave step 1 twice and failed it.
and from then on lost hope and continued to be a lab technician for a living.
all these years i never ever thought of going back for step 1, mostly cause of fear of failing again.
but now just a week back i have seen my niece passing step 1 and from then on again my urge for practicing as a doctor kicked in again.
i don't know if i am again taking my life, my self esteem at risk, but at least i want to pass this exam .
don't know if i will ever be able to get into residency, but since my niece is pushing me to give another last try , i want to take another chance.
its been so many years, but i kept in contact with my Merck manual, so its not like i have forgotten abcd of medicine, i still know some basic stuff.
but can anyone help me out from this depression am facing since so many years, by showing me the right way to hit this exam hard and this time pass it?
i need ur help folks, as i have been following this forum since my niece suggested me to browse it and i am completely loving the support each person is showing to another person.
i too wanna be a part of this forum and at last pass this exam.
i work 7 days a week, but if i can get some support i can quit the weekend job and study full time on the weekend and the rest of the days in the evenings.
any kind soul who also works full time and is willing to study with me will be appreciated .
and finally thanks for reading my lengthy post .
good luck for all the step 1 fighters .
plz someone provide me with the kaplan DVD's and the books.
thnks
my email address is
drsns41
http://www.xenomed.com/forums/step-i/173...ition.html SEE THIS SITE ;HOPE IT HELPS ;;GUDLUCK.
Dear drmhussain,
I would say: follow your dream. If you don't give it another shot you will never know what you might be able to achieve. Study weekends and evenings. The material is well known: Kaplan Lecture Notes, First Aid and USMLE World. Add to that Goljan audio and Rapid review Pathology, if possible. The road might be difficult, but the destination is worth the effort. People in much worse situations than yourself have achieved it. Good luck!
thanks buddy,
yes this time i am determined to follow my dream, its just i need some support and right guidance.
am looking for some study partner, who's also working 8 hours per day, so that our frequencies can match.
and can any one please tell me, from where to get kaplan books and videos for cheap price, i will be really grateful.
thank you again.
Hi , you are not the only one I am very much in the same situation, looking for help, material and get buzy, so here is my e-mail naherin@sbcglobal.net, let me know
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »