Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam experience - ruaha_r
Hi guys,
just back from exam.First of all, want to thank all the people in the forum who had posted their experience, study strategies etc in past just for helping others.its my turn now and I hope that some will be benefited from this.
It's standard exam I'll say, kind of falling in NBME style.I got mixed questions in each block as you expect.Neuro pictures, 2-3 CT scans, few mol-bol, few pharma and rest , I don't know what to say.I's quite un-nerved in first block, but from thenonwards calmed down a bit.They ask indirect questions but be prepared for simple and straight ones too.I felt that at the end of day what matters most is the one you pushed into your brain through the long term study, not the crammed staff just few days before exam.Forgot to mention about some muscle pathology and haematology questions and very few genetics. Statistics questions appeared in last 2 blocks when you're tired and your brain just doesn't want to concentrate any longer.There were good numbers of doctor-patient relationship questions as well.
I did few silly mistakes and felt that I forgot many simple things but overall felt that It's standard exam.Managed rest time well but couldn't save any time from the blocks after reviewing.In 2 blocks , my time finished while I's on review.
I hope this will help and best luck for those with exam in near future.
hi,,,thz for yr post,,,my exam is next 5 days,,it helps me alot
now i can focus on FA only,,Am i right?,,,is there alot of physio concept ,,,and very detail quiz?
plz give me advise,,,how about anatomy?
good luck,,,ruaha_r
There were few anatomy qs- brachial plexus staff, physio- I can't remember, may be one or two.Most of the qs were of mixed pattern.Good luck for your exam.
Hi,

I have one question:
you said your time was finished in 2 blocks while you were still on review, so that means you didn't click (end),

My question is: Let's say I am working on a block that has 50 questions and I answered 30 or 40 and then ran out of time, then the block with be locked, right? and if the block is locked without you clicking on (end), will those questions that I answered count? or I will lose them?

Wish you the best,
Regards,
Rawi
Ruaha_r,

Thanks for posting ur experiences- it will be guiding for us.

When you say, its the long term that stays, and not the last minute reading:
If my exam is in 2.5 months, would that be considered last minute reading....??
Please reply. I have the whole of UW to do and so much to revise.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY.
Thank you Ruaha
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »