Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 times -
hek

i'm new in this forum. i'm trying to study again for step 1. i failed twice already. don't know what to do. should i try again or just give up. if ever i'll pass the test after the 3rd try can i find a residency with 3 attempts? i'm loosing hope. help anyone! need some advice if you know anybody in the same situation as mine. thank you.
jc

You know what? You can do it! I would bet that the hardest thing you need to tackle right now, is your fear and hesitation having NOT passed the test before. But make sure you get past this part of it. I guess the next thing is to just tackle your studying in a different way than you did before. Have your plan mapped out, and revise it daily if needed. At the end of the day, know where you stand, and alter the following days or weeks if necessary. But stick to the overall plan. I wish you well - you can do this.
MIKE

Hi Hek,

The USMLE may not determine whether or not we will be good doctors but, it is a very reliable exam. Unless you completly change your approach to the this exam, you may expect similar results. I know myself because I failed the exam as well. I saved enough money for Kaplan's live lecture course. Not only did it help in steering me towards the board relevant topics, it increased my confidence. I recommend taking the course in Chicago where you will receive Kaplan's star-studded teachers. Plus, you will meet many people with whom you can form study groups with. Needless to say, I passed the exam! I know that on the classifieds sections in this forum people are selling their old kaplan stuff. Check it out! Hope this helps! Never give up!
docespy - docespy

Listen to Mike and do what he says.
hek

thank you all.... i really appriciate it. thanks again.
yj

Hi. I'm new to USA. I stayed in Canada for a while. Hardly knew any IMG became doctor. It is a great opportunity. Don't let yourself down.Even though I'm starting a new job,I'm thinking to take it next year. But one question for you all:

Where can I buy used or new Kaplan q bank?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »