Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi..... is Aug 1 the last date for application? - bid
Hi
can anybody please help me I am confused...I am getting my LOR ready. I am afraid that Imay not be able to send my LOR and MSPE to ECFMG by Aug 1...... what if my documents reach to them by 2nd or 7th ....of Agust will they scan them.......any expert experienced ideas...???
many many thanks
there is no deadline, you can send them anytime you want but you have to keep at least 3 -4 weeks time limit before the date you are planning to apply, so if you want to apply on 1 sept then it is better to not delay them after the first week of august.
so just to make sure that they are scanned before the application date on 1 sept send them as early as possible,but i dont think that few days after 1 august will differ much.
thanks..
applicantsguide is correct. Just to clarify, the typically estimated 1-month layover period that occurs while waiting for an LOR to completely integrate into ERAS has been known to fluctuate depending on volume during that period.

While the advantages of submitting a full application by the 1st week of Sept are indisputable, many programs will strategically space out their interview offers throughout the sept-oct months. If they fill all their interview spots too early, they may miss out on a student that sits for a CK in late aug/early sept, scores a 238.

Programs will also try to get a good mix of scores and qualifications as a way to avoid having unfilled spots during the Match. While a hospital would ideally like to retain every top candidate on their rank list, they are realistic and know that the top candidates may rank another hospital higher or may not rank their hospital at all...and so they'll rank relatively lower scores/qualifications as well.

I know its beyond the scope of your questions, but its part of the explanation in terms of understanding that while the particular dates you're talking about are important, the amount of days you'd be, 'off' would not adversely lower your standing in the eyes of a program.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »