Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
relevance of USCE - bobome
I AM A FOREIGN GRAD. IN CANADA,I HAVE DONE THE USMLE STEP1[78 ON 2ND ATTEMPT] AND THE MEDICAL COUNCIL OF CANADA EVALUATING EXAM. AND QUALIFYING EXAM.1 AND I AM DOING CLINICAL PRECEPTORSHIPS WITH GENERAL SURGEONS WHO ARE ASSOCIATE PROF. IN A CANADIAN UNIV. WITH THE VIEW OF USING THEIR REFERRENCE LETTERS TO APPLY FOR A GENERAL SURGERY RESIDENCY IN 2006.I HAVE ATTEMTED USMLE STEP 2 BUT FAILED ON MY FIRST ATTEMPT AND I HOPE TO DO IT AGAIN AND THE MCCQE II WHICH WILL GIVE ME MY LMCC. I WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF I AM ON THE RIGHT TRACK AS PER WORKING WITH THESE SURGEONS OR SHOULD I MOVE TO THE STATES AND TRY AN FIND A U.S GENERAL SURGEON TO WORK WITH ? I WILL ALSO LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE HER STILL ANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR A RESIDENCY TRAINING THIS YEAR EVEN IF IN FAMILY MEDICINE?
there are still positions even till july, but you have to apply widely and do not be choosy. visa status is vital at this late stage as most of these positions are for people who cancelled due to visa issues.also I would say if you can get US experience that would be most relevant than staying in canada.
Keep your eye open for last minute cancelations.They should be happening at this time so grab whatever oppotunity that comes your way.
There are also a couple of hospitals which do not really participate in the match, enquire there.
Hi Pier,

do you know which hospitals/programs do not participate in the match? Please, let me know.

Thanks, Sonja
One I know is Mt. Vernon.

Then there a couple of others in NY which even though participate in the match but also take residents out of the match.
Hey
I am also in Canada and thinking that the USMLE is the way to go. I would like to talk to you regarding the visa etc... Can you call me on 905 953 9524. Beatty
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »