Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young DB, thanks for buying the book - belibi
Like the hundreds of people who bought the book, I am sure you have been enjoying the book.
If the only controversial statement is what you mentioned in your previous post, then the book is recommendable.
No first edition is perfect, I am sure there is room for a lot of improvement.
It would help some of the reluctant, dishonest people on this forum if you also bring the points that you feel are helpful to you.

I have posted the rationale behind the statement made on the book that have been so controversial.

Dr. Belibi
Most points in this book is helpful. Since I only use this book for interview Qs, and can not give a complete comment about this book. But I would say that it is helpful for IMG to prepare IV although some points and sample answers are not propriate. We can modify the answer based on the book, and add some our own points for IV preparation. Hope you can make the book better on the 2nd edition. Also hope you cut down the price. We are all IMG fighting for residency, some of them don't work. If you are kind enough, please sell your book with a resonable price. We will all appreciate your contribution. Thanks!
Thnaks for your feedback.
I will make it better in the next edition. The Iserson's is in his seventh edition, so it has gone through tons of improvements but still not quite fit for IMGs.
In terms of the cost. The Iserson's for ex has been able to decrease his prices because it has been around for a long time and the upfront expenses have been covered already.
I understand the prospective of IMGs but, the logistic for the book seller is quite complex as well.
First there was the high cost of upfront expenses that included printing, edition, design and all the fees just to register the book company ect.
Amazon charges you monthly just to have the book on their website and take 15% of the cost of the book right when the book is bought. They do not participat in any shipping cost, and yet the shipping cost that amazon charges you is half what I spend to ship it.

When you do the math, you will see that there is not much left.

The only way to really make the price come down is to sell thousands of books like the Iserson's or First Aid. I don't think the International Medical graduate's Best Hope is close to being there.

Eh Young Db, it was a pleasure, you are an honest person and I like it very much.

Like I said, those who bought the book and have questions can e-mail me at: belibi@img-coach.com
and I will elaborate on point that are not clear or discuss points that were not discussed.

Dr. Belibi

Dr. Belibi
Thus spake Dr. Belibi: "It would help some of the reluctant, dishonest people on this forum if you also bring the points that you feel are helpful to you."

Dr. Belibi~ This poor ignoramus (that is me, imgspouse) wants to know from your lordship whether the intelligent tactic of misrepresenting yourself to get across to the resident to know more about a program (yup, the bait'n'switch tactic!) is an aggressive and dishonest tactic? Please clear the confusion, and I would be a great pleasure and privilege to receive your selfless advice.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »