Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
------ I was diaognosed as a Bipolar patient ----- - illinoisgirl
Hi All,

I passed Step-1, 2 & CS.
But last week I was in Mental Hospital for 72 hours & I was diaognosed as a Bipolar Type-1.

Question >>
In this situation , will I get USMLE license or my Medical career is over( because my Bipolar is in Medical record)?

Thanks
First of all, I know you are NOT SERIOUS!

but for the .00001 percent you are then I guess you would have to tell them since that may impair your ability of caring for patients (There was a form on the CAF to list anything that would impair your ability to perform tasks of a doctor)
Honestly you should investigate in every state.

I don't think it could be used against you as long as you are receiving a proper treatment and you are symptom free. I think it's like any other disease, for example, if someone has a cardiopathy that person may have problems if he is not under treatment. If that happens to affect your, that means this country is worse than communist Russia.
Many famous people in history had bipolar disorder. It is good to have bipolar disorder rather than HTN,High cholesterol. Bipolar bothers you but doesn't kill you...... Be positive you got bipolar not HTN and Hypercholesterolemia....otherwise you would have been dead.

People like http://www.mental-health-today.com/bp/famous_people.htm had BD.

discuss the pproblem with your family and close friends. get professional counseling.
like Behavior modification therapy. My sincere advice is take solid year off from this system,
start treatment and don't worry about it. Many people are doing just fine with BD. you'll be ok.
I dont think thats a problem I am working in depression clinic
and we have patients from residents to well established doctors
they are managing somehow so definitely you can
hey ....... don't worry, you are not alone ........... we will all end up with bipolar disorder one day ........ After the match season, you will hear about IMGs who commit suicide, become become schizphrenic, bipolar, OCD .....etc. Maybe will be neighbours in the mental hospital. see you there !!!!!!!

dont let ANY diagnosis loose your direction. There are many, and I mean many, people practicing good medicine with personality disorders, cyclothymia, dysthmia, bipolar and many other mood disorders.

Let it be an inspiration and a motivation for you to strive to overcome and achieve success and greatness.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »