Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to denille - velly
Hi,

Thank you for all detail experience. I am studying Kaplan's pharm now and sometimes feel very frustrated, because so many drugs on each category. How did you manage your pharm and when did you use FA which like you mentioned in the last 2 weeks before your big day? How many times did you read the notes? I started viodes and notes on the early of March. I haven't finnish my first reading yet, it close. You said 5 month is enough if work hard. How hard? I have only 5 month left, what is the best way to manage my time? Thank you so much! Best wish to you!
For Pharmacology, I spent my last two weeks to memorize the information. But I studied the mechanism of actions long time ago. I paid special attention to the names of specific drugs under same category during last two weeks ( I had those two weeks off before my exam). Don't worry about the special names, as long as you know the MOA clearly, and have a final touch on the names shortly before your exam, you will be fine.

Five months is enough for one of my friend, but not for me. I spent more than that. We both have a full time job, but she is single and I got a kid to take care of. So I couldn't act like her. She spent 3 months in Kaplan center, then one month study at home. Everyday she spent 4 hours, she told me.

Let me tell you my brother-in-law's experience. He started with big thick textbooks, some BRS kind of review books, then HY series, then 3 month Kaplan Q bank. He spent over 2 years on his study and he got 87. I was so scared by his experience, since I know I didn't study as hard as him and didn't read as much as him. But then my friend's experience told me that it was not how long you studied, how many different sources you studied from. All that will matter is how well you understand the HY points the USMLE asks for.

About Pharmacology, my suggestion is study the note well, understand the basic knowledge, mechanism of actions, adverse effects etc. If you have problem memorizing the specific names, don't be afraid, you still have time to cramp those tiny little info at the end of your study. Keep going. Good luck.
Hi Danille,

Thank you so much for your feedback and description of an interest story in a humor way. I have full time job too and one lovely daughtor. I hope I will be ready on the Oct.

GL

velly
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »