Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to mission2012 - okt3
I think the answer is Metoprolol, NBME love to play with NE and Epi plus another drug that is agonist or antagonist to α1, α2 or β1,β2 and expect you to pick the right answer.

It is the same game with alpha-blockers added to Epinephrine---->vasocondilation

Correct me if wrong, I am also confused after discussing with a person that I respect the most in this forum(knowledge base)
there are no beta-1 receptors on vessels for metoprolol to block.

well alpha-1 blocker added to Epinephrine unmask the "Beta-2" receptors action.there are no beta-1 on blood vessels to be unmasked or so.
I know beta-2 receptors on blood vessels, they are dominant.
I didn't take online that is why I am confused but if you took online and A is correct, I will take your answerSmile

Thanks again.
i didn't take any NMBME on line.

it's not that beta-2 is dominant than beta-1 on blood vessels.Its just there are NO beta-1 receptors on vessels. Now the alpha-1 or the beta-2 dominancy depend on the dosage of the drug(drugs that act on both receptors as Epinephrine)

i myself couldnt answer this Q, I had to search for it.
I agree no beta-1 on blood vesselsSmile

It is hard to understand sometime and J.Jacques Goldman said: "Il faut apprendre a defaut de le comprendre".

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3dlji_...pars_music

Thnx again and good night.
cocaine inhibits the uptake of NE..
hey guys.... yes, finally....cocaine must be right bcz of direct vasoconstrictor effect. This Q has been bothering me for soooooooo long. Thanks!
okt3:

Nous n'avons pas pour comprendre le français. S'il vous plaît traduire en anglais.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »