Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
usmle curve?? - manar
hi,
i was told few days ago that there is a curve in the usmle,meaning that u the marks given are depending on the average of the students taking the test at the same time as you are
IS THIS TRUE??????
hello!!!
does anyone know about this?
i mean are the grades given according to ur individual performance or as according to the curve done depending on the level and grades of those who took the test at the same time as yours???????????????
as far as i know it is compared with us and canadian graduates.but i dont understand why are u so obsessed about how they score....it does not matter my friend.....we have to just give our best shot.....it does not matter how they score......for me usmle scoring is very complex but it is accurate....so i would not worry about the fact that is it compared or not.....if you work hard you will score good.....if you dont work hard you dont get good score...it is very simple.periodSmile
each question has history of performance data ( in the form of normal distribution curve ) for that question taken by huge number of candidates . Your performance will be evaluated on the scale of that curve, whereever you lie.

All questions sums up in terms of your performance by computer. Then final performance report made by computer in terms of three digital score as well as percentile.

( Same you may have seen, while solving Uworld and Kaplan online q banks, in the bottom they give data for individual question )

Every new question is tested by many candidates, then USMLE make data - average time taken in solving the question, lowest and highest performance for that question. When all data are ready then that question in graded , before that it is just to gather data ( non scoring question )

I hope this information will be helpful for you. GL
thanks soooo much for both of u as this was really helpful
GL to u
Smile)
No problem, GL to you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »