Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
difference between externship and observership - ana
people,
please throw some light
cue?
I asked the same question few weeks ago and nobody answered !!!
can check out at Matching and residency section. I have started one post regarding this. I got few replies and i hope i get few more. Do join in there and share ur knowledge.
Hello fellow,
well i will answer you,and for every body,i took like 1 month of searching to find the exact answer for this question.
externship don thru yr university,yr university should ask for it,and its more safisticated,it is like that,if you are in internal medicine rotation,and like to have a rotation in usa,yr university should contact them,and apply for u,you should pay for yr insurance,and as well as for yr rotation.so yr un. contact that program and shaduel a rotation in that specific area.
for observership,it isn't somthing official,it is don by connection,you have to have a connection with a doctor in the speciality u r intersted ,u don't do anything just observe,the good thing that u get a good recommindation letter,and if the doc like yr ass he will get you in that program.
guys i am in the same situation,i live in atlanta,i did my usmle 1 last month ,still wiatting for my result,and looking for observeship.
any one intrested to chat,u can catch me at:
teem02000
what you described may fit externership also.bottomline observer,observe no contact with patient,dont expect letter of recommendation,and many programs dont view it as clinical experience,but is worth trying especially iin a program you hope to match into,who knows the attending may change his mind and give you LOR.Most programs I know do it officially through the GME office and not through the attending.GL
guys ,
thanks a lot .thank you very much for the info.
i checkd with the fmgamerica.com guys and they said they wud get me an externship and a reco letter .....thou i graduated in 2003!! how is that posible and they charge a 3350 bucks for it!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »