Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
resp q 1 - simonsez
Simonsez
This me again
Simonsez I do have problem with respiratory system
would you be so nice and help with the ans.
Hi cris
I think hes gone for long vacation to Los Vegas.....SmileSmileSmileSmile
hi cris,
Sorry about the delay, I was attending to some pending work. tHE QUESTION STEM DEALS WITH A SITUATION WHERE THE Po2 IS NOT IMPROVING WITH SUPPLEMENTAL O2. THIS CAN HAPPEN IN ONLY ONE SITUATION, WHERE THE BLOOD IS BYPASSING AREAS OF VENTILATION, ALSO CALLED SHUNTING.
In the given options all situations can lead to hpoxemia. ALL of them, except osler rendu weber synd, are amenable to O2 therapy.
The objective of teh question was to learn that osler rendu weber syn is associated WITH arteriovenous malformation in the lung which result in right to left shunting. This cozes hpoxemia and the hypoxemia does not respond to O2 therapy.
e , harrison q book .shunt effect
Ans : E
Reasin Hi, The question i guess delas with Hypoxmia and its types. Basically there are Diffusion Limited Situation and Pulmonary Shunt. To diff bw two we look at responce to suplimental oxygen. In Diffusion limted thing it gets to near normal while in Shunt it only increases very slightly. Asthma, alpha 1 antitryp (emphysema), and fibrosis are all diffusion limited situation and COPD can have multiple presentation but its has more diffusion limitation.
O-W-R sd is an Autosomal dominant condition presenting with telengiectasia, epitaxis and family history. It is associated with AVM, Aneurysm. the AVM can be very large or small and can act as L to Rt shunt so presenting with sign of Pulmonary shunt. So i guess OWR (E) is the answer. I may be wrong so simonsez plz give answer and lets find out. bye
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »