Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
residency question... - pricsck
hey guys... i am hoping to match in 2011...

due to my rotations... i haven't gotten a chance to study for ck and cs much... i am hoping to take cs in july and ck in august...

i am a caribbean med student... and my school is going to write us a dean's letter... i know that the letter won't be made available to ERAS until Nov. 1st. i wanted to know if it's okie if i push my ck and cs to a little later date to be confident... would that affect my application... or interviews???

please let me know...

thanks...
If you've already scheduled the CS great, but if not, schedule it now. Scheduling is limited, and it can take up to 2 months for the results to come in. The earlier you have your CK results the better. You will get more interviews the closer to November they come in. I'm a Caribbean grad as well. Goodluck buddy, I wish you all the best.
thanks cardiovascular... but do you think if i get my scores in before november... i should be okie??? or do you think i should get my scores back before september 1st... (the first day of application...)

thanks
I received a few interview invites in September last year, but I ultimately matched to an interview invite I received in February of this year lol. I'd say you are good between september and november 1st. Some programs don't look at applications until Nov 1st (for deans letters), but some do like early birds. The most important thing is to take the test when you feel ready, because passing it is the most important thing. So between Sept. and Nov. 1st is best to get results in.
thanks for the help cardiovascular... it really relieved my stress...and congratulations on matching... Smile Smile
I am a Carrib grad as well. The best advice is to get everything done as early as possible without sacrificing your score or ability to pass. Unless your step 1 score is through the roof (better than 230) a strong step 2ck score submitted with your application on Sept 1st really helps secure more interviews and interviews at good programs.
thanks vaginitis...
Thank you pricsck. Good luck buddy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »