Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got my score 2days ago-252/99 - danut
Hi! Congrats! I intend to prepare for steps 1 and 2 in 4 mos. Do you think this is workable and practical? Pls share your experience with this. Thanks a lot.
Fariha this is how you calculate
15 % uracil goes with 15% adenosine.The total is 30%.
The rest 70 % consist of 35% cytosine and 35 % Guanine
To Ben:
Th thing is that I was surprised to notice that I had plenty of time to finish each block; I usually marked about 10-12q/block to review at the end and I still had enough time-a few blocks I pressed "end block" when I still had 7-8minutes to go and used them for breaks. The lengh of the questions is rarely long, they are shorter than in step 2 ck, which I passed (97)before step 1. There I was about to run out of time in the last block because I took too long breaks. But not in step 1, there's plenty of time here!
About the questions I was sure, that's hard to tell, you can be sure about some and unsure about others, but you don't know what's the reality-sometimes you may get a wrong answer in a simple question and a right one in a more diffucult one.
To jaha:
"Usmle secrets: Questions that you will be asked on usmle step 1" I bought it from amazon.com It's quite a good book and nice-written with cases only and questions and answers afterwards.
To godbless:
I studied in total about 6 months and a half, first at pace for around 4.5 months, I mean like 2-3 hours/day, then for the last 1.5 months throughout the day. Never lost a night for studying.Night is to sleep to get a good rest! You need to be fresh, not tired!
Other thing is that I used books from different sources, ever read a book twice,only maybe took a pick at something that I may have forgotten, but no re-reading!
The key is: do as many q as possible!
To thomasian: 4 months is a very short time to do this, I think. I have studied for step 2 ck for 7-8 months (I passed it first with 97), then around 6 months for step 1. It depends on how high you want to go with your scores. My advice is taking enough time to get higher scores is better than any scores in a short time!
To mtsinai:
I read the books only once, never re-read any of them, rather read the same material (like micro) from 2 different sources-for example-I read Ridiculously simple micro+kaplan microand I recommend kaplan micro, since it's the best in this field!
Top notch, please accept my heartiest congratulations.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »