Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some help here!! - response
Hi guys:
I will participate in next match-IM-.I am 2003 graduate.I am aliitle bit confused about something.
During my final medical year(2002).I did 2 months elective course and got 2 good USLOR.I did also 3 months externship in the previous 3 months(june,july and aug) and got additional 2 USLOR.So now I have 4 and all of them are good.My problem is that I have also 2 from my own country(2 faculty members in my medical school).Is there a problem if I submitted 4 LOR from US attendings and no LOR from my medical school!!
That would not be a problem, as PD like to see US LOR rather than those that are from Non-US physicians.

You do have a problem though - most PD want LOR that are less than a year old.
You are right!!
The 2 LOR from my home country are recent within 6 months but those 2 that I got while I was medical student in 2003 were from US attendings in big name university and they are long(20 lines) describing everything about me and writing shiny words and give comment on my clinical performance(Hx and Physical and problem list analysis),english language,fund of knowledge,personality and many other stuff.This is why I am highly interested in these 2 LOR!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »