Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very important question !! - gegamushroom
Does anyone know from previous years that an IMG matched in IM in a program that sent the IV in Nov-Jan ??

I feel that all IVs from now on are left overs due to cancellations without any real hope of ranking. What do you think ?
last yr my friend got iv on 10th Jan, scheduled it on 22nd Jan, matched to that university program, its a reputed program. I think it depends on the candidate, on the date of iv.
@gegamushroom- Yes,,,i know of someone too who got IV in late January and was matched to that program. His scores were 89/81/cs pass on 1st/78/needed visa,,,so don't lose hope,,,

@rahulr- Hope you don't mind me asking the scores of your friend and how many IV's he got?
scores were in mid 90s, i forgot the exact numbers,he got 6-7 iv in total.
Yes. I am hoping that we will get some IVs after cancellation. For some IVs, we will have to travel on a very short notice for eg. 2-3 days. Tickets will cost a lot - around $ 600-800. But still worth it if it is a good program.

However, we will have to keep one thing in mind- since we were not their first choice, we have a very small chance of matching there. So I would not cancel interviews where I was in the initial list of invitees to attend an IV given out to me at the last minute.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »