Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone with conditional Permanent Resident status! - ninja
Hi
I wonder if the programs know what exactly is conditional permanent resident status..I have had 2 emails from 2 different programs which don't give visa but they are asking me about my visa status and I have replied them that I hold a conditional permanent resident status[ temporary Green Card] as it says on profile section of ERAS.....
I am wondering if there's anyone in same boat as me..coz I can't write permanent resident instead of conditional resident coz thats not the truth.
i hope PD's know the difference that a person with conditional permanent resident has same status as permanent resident except the validity of temporary green card is 2 years instead of 10 years.
Anyone who knows more about it??
My credentials are 92 step 1, 98 step 2, ECFMG certified, exams passed on first attempt, 6 months USCE, 2001 graduate.
hi I'm on the same situation, but I put permanent resident because I don't think they know the diference and besides I think it sound like if you are on probation.
Thanx Lisy for ur quick reply.
I agree with u that it sounds like as if someone is on probation..lol
But I have sent out my applications already n dunno if its a good idea to change profile now or not and being honest is gonna cost me interviews I think:-(
To ninja and all:

Hi, I have similar situation. I am in process for GC as a spouse of US citizen, already have issued EAD card and SS#, GC should appear soon. What should I write in CAF, because i do not need any visa, and I am confused what is the proper answer about my status. Any answer highly appreciated.
Hi dorota_bz
If ur marriage is not of 2 years duration yet then most probably u will be offered a temporary green card like the one i have.
One achieves a conditional permanent resident status as soon as u r married to a US citizen when all paper work is done n u have applied for change of status.
I had the EAD before i got my GC..I would put as conditional permanent resident under visa category in ur application..n " not applicable" under the column visa desired.
If u have had ur interview with INS then u would get ur card within 60 days but if u have not then u have to figure out when would u b able to get it..i mean do u think u would have it b4 the start of residency??..
Write down as i have suggested n u would b fine..hopefully before interviews u will have ur temporary GC. hope this helps.
Hi ninja
Thanks for ur answer. I have applied for status adjustment and it is accepted and being proccessed, but at this moment INS issued for me only EAD card and then I have obtained upon my application a SS# , but haven't yet scheduled an interview at INS. On my EAD card it states the "CATEGORY" is C09 - which is for status adjustment as Permnt. Res. The point is that I have to apply for residency ASAP. Exactly I will be offer a temporary GC as you have. So what should I write in CAF in such case? Conditional Permnt. Res.? Is that anything wrong if I called one of the Program Coordinator to ask? Thank you for any of your suggestions.
hi dorota_bz
yes u should write down as conditional permanent resident coz if go look into INS website it would explain ur status as conditional permanent resident.
the fact is program coordinator will have no clue to ur question n would direct u to INS..they r not knowledgeable abt visa issues..chances r if u put EAD then some programs might not consider ur application...im also waiting to hear from programs..so far 2 programs asked me to clarify my visa status n i had to explain it to them..so i dunno if i would get any interviews coz of this stupid status thing which ERAS put it up..they should educate PD's too before addin anything like that.
Hi ninja
You even don't know what kind of relief you brought me. Millions thanks. I have tried to solve the problem posting questions on this and another forum with no response. I will write according your suggestion and check the INS webside also. Thanks again and take care.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »