Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting into an observership,please advice! - matoka
Hello everybody,
I'm desperately looking for an observership in order to get LORs from American doctors to be able to apply for the match.
How difficult is to get an observership?My understanding is that it's almost impossible to get USCE.What about HIPPA ?Does it prohibit the foreign graduates from attending an observership and/or USCE in an American hospital or private office?Whom do I have to talk and get an aproval from ?
How many LORs are required for the match?Could anyone give me an advice ?GL to everyone.
matoka
write e mails or call the hospitals..ask whether they have any observership positions or not..
you will get e mail id s from freida.com..or from eras..
gs,
Thanks for your advice.Do the hospitals have to have any observership positions ?Could you please, explain to me what did you imply when you said that I could get e-mails id from freida.com or eras?!Do I have to open an account on these two programs?I'd appreciate if you could give me an answer.Thanks you and GL.
matoka
Hey:
go to frieda just to get the e-mails of the programs (E-mail the program coordinators) asking them about observerships.Alot will tell u we dont have positions here are some programs that offer observerships:
Maricopa medical center--AZ (go to their website and download the application,fill the appl and send 50$,they need scores above 83 and insurance which is life insurance not malpractice,you can get it easily..)
Mt sinai, FL they offer observership called "mini residency program" but y need to pay 300$ per month.Also call them
University of Kansas offer observership at the VA.Also try with them...

I hope this was helpful...
Hi "matoka", I was trying to find an obsevership in hospitals for a while without luck. Therefore, I decided to just walk in to the private offices and directly ask MD's if they would let me to spend some time with them. I was lucky in allergy and general internist office. One of them also rotated in a hospital where I could go with her as well. I didn't pay anything and had very useful one to one time with very nice LOR's. Even though it's not the same as hospital's settings I found it easier to gain one and helpful ( 5 interviews within 2 days...). Good luck!
response and mundur,
Thank you so much for your response and advice.Yes,I'll try to send e-mails and call the residency training programs, especialy in my ex-specialty to request an observership, but I don't know how realistic chances I have to get into them.It would be a real problem to go to a big city even for one month, what about accomodations ?Unfortunately, there are very limited opportunities in the state where I currently live and the only one solution is to go to other states and attend an observership if I'm admited.I will also try to solve directly with the few doctors I know, to ask them to accept me.
GL to all of you.
matoka
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »