Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question regarding microscopic descriptions - bluewaves
hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, or if anyone can give me any helpful suggestions. I find that when doing practice questions i repeatedly miss those that either in their stem or as an answer have the microscopic/histological description of things, especially tumors. I get very lost w/ these descriptions and don't have a clear picture of what they're describing. Frankly, they make me feel really dumb and i feel like it's foreign language sometimes!! AHHH! Any ideas as to how to approach these questions? Or is there a source i can use that has detailed histo descriptions of these things? Any help would be truly appreciated. thank you.
I found the CD that came w/ robbins pathology 7th edition very helpful. it is clear and offers very good expanations and some tricky practice questions. I lost mine cuz i let someone borrow it and never got it back!! sala!
thanks for your reply. I don't have that cd, bc/ i think i have the 6th edition of robbins. anyone else have any suggestions??
i was just wondering if there are some overall patterns you need to look for certain things. For example, i just saw an example of this for squamous cell carcinomas and the features that are always present (intercellular bridges, keratin pearls). If anyone knows of any similar patterns and can clarify the findings i'd really appreciate it. I feel like i'm getting questions wrong not on the basis of not knowing information, but not recognizing these detailed descriptions of histology. THANK YOU!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »