Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which specialty not have strict requirements in... - drsanmyt
which specialty does not have strict requirments in age, score, attempts, etc?
mostly psy, peds, FM.
U havent included visa, so FM is good too for nonvisa needing applicant.
peds probably requires higher score.

needing visa is a huge disadvantage at this current time due to economy breakdown.
Peds people get the lowest salary. I don't think they require high score .
I know for a fact that FM doesn't put much emphasis on scores, attempts, or YOG provided you're involved in practicing FM. If you want to do FM and have a hard time getting in because of YOG, I suggest PA school and make sure you practice as a PA in FM for 1-2 years, then reapply, your chances will be very high. This is what I'm doing right now, I'm in PA school. As a FM PA, you would be practicing medicine just like an FM MD, you do over 90% of what an FM MD does. Especially, this is the time of huge shortage in primary care providers, but they do want you to have hands-on experience, not observership or externship, but real paid experience like a PA.
what is PA? or PA school?
rockpaper,

I have to disaggree with you on that FM does not put emphasis on YOG. I ahve Ived many FM programs this year. All said they prefer recent grads. but I agrre with your other writings.
pahology11 --what I meant to say is if you are practicing medicine in FM, such as a PA or NP, etc... then your clinical experience can compensate for being an old grad. If you look at criteria for FM programs, you see "YOG within 2 years OR clinical experience in FM if more than 2 years or 5 years or whatever their limit is", and the best thing is to have great LORs from your supervising FM physician.
I agree rockpaper!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »