Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please explain ???? very urgent. - inderal
this is the first time for me to apply to match , and yesterday i match ,the NRMP email (Congratulations!! You have matched to a one-year position ,Because you have matched to a first-year position, your access to unfilled program information will be limited to advanced positions. If you do not locate a residency position during the Scramble, consider "FindAResident", an on-line service that brings together programs with available positions with applicants seeking positions. )

my q should we apply for advanced position? i am happy with prelim i got. the other q is there any thing to do with NRMP ? or just wait to 03/17 to know where i match? thank you for advice
You can go ahead and see if there are spots in the scramble for the specialty you're looking for....but you don't have to apply now if you don't want to. Then, you would have to apply during the next match, which being a prelim resident. Your application may be stronger then, as you'd have actual resident experience (and letters from that residency), but you will have to find time to interview and prepare your app, which may be a bit of a challenge given the schedule of an intern. You may even get into a categorical position in the same hospital of your prelim year.

good luck!
Well explained psychzzz. Glad to know there are still some wonderful people in this forum...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »