Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USMLE FRED software update !UW follows usmle s/w? - alliswel
Dear friends ! I saw USMLE world software update yesterday and found that screen was adjusted to resolution set at 1024 X 768. This was not a problem and we can adjust but main issue here is BLACK BORDER. That border color is too much distracting and also affecting eyes badly. Why dont they use cream or other colors which wont affect eyes. If this continues we cant really read questions with out eye strain.

UW stated that these changes are made accordingly to usmle s/w updates. We cannot blame UW because they want just to reflect USMLE s/w and its correct as far as i think.

After reading this statement from UW i went to sample 184 FRED-2 USMLE Free qs 4 blocks and disappointed that usmle fred-2 s/w made these changes actually and UW just following USMLE.

I request USMLE/ECFMG to confirm these changes in their official website. The main issue here is BLACK BORDER which is affecting eyes. They can change color which is least strain to eyes. Some students also want to increase resolution set at 1024 X 768.

May be these are new changes...Anyone who gave usmle step-1/ck/step-3 exams recently saw these changes in your exam with black borders?

Students and examiness plz share your opinions here and i noticed that still many students are not aware of updates. Students may be thinking that only UW did these changes but i request you all to check sample usmle qs software updates i your sysytems and tell your opinion on screen resolution and border colors.

Regards.
doctor, even i had problems reg the new format.Requested even for a change in format but no one seems to be concerned.Looks like all the students are fine with softwear update, so obviously no pressure for the authorities.I thought its now waste of time and I am trying to get used to this weird format:-(no other way out seems like.
@metotrexate

It seems now UW s/w is again back to previous format. Now there is NO 1024 X 768 & Black borders. I feel that UW should use Black borders for Qs with 1024 X 768 and should use Normal format while reviewing explanations

Otherwise UW should provide 2 format options so that we ca use as per our convenience.
Thank you USMLE WORLD!

alliswel: I don't understand the big deal. To view in that format, you need to change ur resolution anyway. So if you want it in that resolution, just change ur resolution!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »